TikTok has gone from a niche app to one of the biggest social media platforms in recent years. The app allows people to share their lives and interests with others through humorous, entertaining, or inspiring video content.
The app lets people create and share videos with their friends; It’s a great way to share your day-to-day life in short snippets, and it also has a bunch of cool features like filters and effects.
This app is mostly used by teenagers and young people, who can use it to create and share videos with their friends. A lot of people use TikTok because they think it’s an easy way to express themselves creatively.
They can also share videos with other people on other social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Live videos have become a new trend on social media, and they are one of the most popular features of Tiktok. With platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, we’ve seen the emergence of these new features such as live streaming.
TikTok is one of the newest platforms to hit our screens; what started as a mobile app with a focus on short videos has now become a platform for live streaming.
The app offers a live video feature that allows users to broadcast themselves to their followers, friends, and family.
They allow users to broadcast themselves in real-time and share their thoughts and experiences with their followers.
Creating Tiktok live videos allows you to interact with other users, making it more interactive than other social media sites.
These are live broadcasts from the people who are streaming themselves. They can be anything from comedy sketches to interviews to performances and more.
The live video feature on Tiktok is a way to connect with your audience and build stronger relationships with them. It also allows you to give them an inside look into what you do day-to-day, which can be a great way for people to get to know you better.
The live video function on TikTok works just like it does on Instagram and Facebook Live: you hit the button, start recording, and then post your story to your profile or explore other stories from around the world. In 2019, Tiktok introduced the feature for creators to stream in real time from anywhere.
This feature provides the opportunity for creators to grow their following and engage with fans in a whole new way. If you want to create Tiktok video live, there are some requirements such as follower count or age restriction.
However, there are no restrictions if you want to watch Tiktok live. You can watch Tiktok live whenever you want by following the simple steps which you will learn in this post.
- What Are Tiktok Live Videos?
- How To Watch Live Videos On Tiktok
- How To Locate All Tiktok Lives
- How To Watch Live Stream Videos From Users You’re Following On Tiktok
- How To Watch Previous Tiktok Lives On Tiktok
- Can A User See When You’re Watching Their Tiktok Live Videos?
- Is It Possible To Watch Tiktok Live Anonymously?
- How To Use Tiktok Live As A Content Creator
- How To Stream Live On Tiktok
- How To Go Live On Tiktok If You Have Less Than 1000 Followers On Tiktok
- Top Tips For Tiktok Live Streams
What Are Tiktok Live Videos?
TikTok Live is a feature that allows users to broadcast in real-time on the app; Users who watch this broadcast will be able to interact with the creator of the Livestream and leave them messages through comments.
A lot of Tiktok users are starting to share their lives with the world through TikTok Lives; These broadcasts are usually in real-time, and people watch them on the app.
These live videos can range from a few minutes to an hour, and there is no limit on how many people can watch the video at one time.
In other words, they are live videos on the app while being created, and they can be watched by anyone who has downloaded TikTok.
The creator of the video can see how many viewers they have at any given time and can also interact with them during the broadcast.
How To Watch Live Videos On Tiktok
- Open the Tiktok app and login into your account.
- If the app is already opened, you should go back to your homepage.
- Tap on the Inbox icon at the bottom of the screen; this should be the second option on the homepage.
- You can now see all the notifications for your posts, such as comments, likes, and shares you have received from your Tiktok posts.
- When you look at your Inbox screen, you should see “Top Lives,” and there is a Watch option next to it.
- When you tap on this option, you will be taken to active Tiktok Lives by famous Tiktok users.
- You should then scroll through and keep watching the live videos playing on your feed.
- You can now watch as many Tiktok lives as you want to watch from famous profiles on the platform.
How To Locate All Tiktok Lives
- Open your Tiktok app or go back to your homepage screen if the app is open.
- You should see the search icon at the bottom of the screen; this is the magnifying glass icon that allows you to explore popular and trending Tiktok videos.
- On the next screen, you should see the search bar where you can type text.
- You should now type the word “Live” in the search field presented to you.
- Hit the “Enter” from your mobile keyboard to search the word you typed in the search bar.
- You will now land in the “Top” section; you will see all video collections of live videos.
- At the top right corner of your screen, you should find the option “See More” to load all Live video streams currently active on Tiktok.
- Select the Live stream you want to watch by tapping on the results displayed for you.
- This is just how simple it is to watch video lives on Tiktok.
How To Watch Live Stream Videos From Users You’re Following On Tiktok
- Open your Tiktok app and make sure that you’re on your Homepage screen.
- You should see two options at the top of your homepage: Following and For You. The “Following” tab displays videos from accounts you’re following on Tiktok, while the “For You” tab are video suggestions based on your watch history and interactions.
- You need to make sure that you are on the “Following” tab since you want to watch video live from accounts you follow on Tiktok.
- When you tap on this option, all Live videos from the account you’re following will be displayed at the top.
- Below their picture, you should see the “Live” option. When you tap on this image, you should be able to watch their “Livestream” video.
How To Watch Previous Tiktok Lives On Tiktok
Is it possible to watch previous Tiktok Lives? The short answer is NO! You cannot watch previous Lives on Tiktok. You have to watch these videos while they’re still active.
They will not be saved for you, but if you want, you can record such videos on your device using a screen recorder to watch them later whenever you want.
Can A User See When You’re Watching Their Tiktok Live Videos?
Some people ask this question when it comes to watching Tiktok Live videos. If you know how Tiktok operates, you already know that people can watch Tiktok anonymously on the web without using the app. Meaning that you don’t need to create an account in order to watch Tiktok videos.
The answer to this question is NO. Tiktok doesn’t reveal the username of users that are watching any Live video. This means that you will stay anonymous to the streamer when you’re watching their Live videos.
However, this is only applicable if you haven’t interacted with the live video. if you send virtual gifts or drop your comments, the streamer will see the name of the account that sent them the gifts or added a comment.
In short, if you don’t want the streamer to see you watching their Live video, you should interact with the video in any form.
The only data a streamer can see for their live video is the number of views the video has earned, the average watch time, total playtime, number of comments, likes, and shares as well.
Is It Possible To Watch Tiktok Live Anonymously?
As mentioned above, you don’t need to take any extra steps in order to become anonymous when watching Instagram live stream videos.
This is because Tiktok doesn’t reveal the identity of users that are watching live videos. You just want to make sure that you never comment or send gifts to the host because they will be able to see your username by taking any of these actions.
If you still want to watch anonymously without using your account to watch Tiktok videos, you can use the web version since it allows watching videos without the need to sign in or log into your Tiktok account.
How To Use Tiktok Live As A Content Creator
Prerequisites For Creating Tiktok Live
- Before you’re able to go live on Tiktok, you need a minimum of 1000 followers on your account. Some people have mentioned that you can use some tricks to bypass this restriction, and there is no guarantee it will work.
- The next requirement is that you should be 16 years old; any account that has a date of birth less than 16 years will not see the option to go live on Tiktok.
How To Stream Live On Tiktok
- You should start by selecting the “+” sign icon at the bottom of the screen.
- You should swipe left to reveal the “Live” option.
- You will be given the option to choose an image and also write a title for the live stream you want to create.
- You can now see the option “Go Live,” You need to hit that option to start your Tiktok live stream.
- Once you press this option, there will be a countdown to 3, then the stream begins.
- After the stream has begun, you should select the three dots to access more features and adjust your live stream settings.
- From settings, you have the option to add effects, flip the camera, add moderators, and filter comments.
- After you have finished streaming, you need to tap on “X,” which is at the top left corner of your stream.
- This will stop the streaming you’re currently doing.
- That’s it, and you have now successfully finished your Instagram stream.
How To Go Live On Tiktok If You Have Less Than 1000 Followers On Tiktok
It has been mentioned that you need a minimum of 1000 followers on your account in order to go live on Tiktok.
Also, we do mention that there is a workaround around this restriction. You can use some tricks in order to bypass this, but there is no guarantee it will work because you haven’t tried it.
You can try your luck to see if the method works for you. Here are the steps to follow if you want to go live without 1000 followers on your Tiktok profile;
- Open the Tiktok app and login.
- Head over to your profile page by tapping on your account picture at the bottom of your homepage.
- Tap on the “Hamburger” menu icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings and Privacy” from the menu options.
- Scroll down and locate the option “Report a problem.”
- You should see “I can’t start a live” beneath “Popular.”
- Select the option “No.”
- You should now fill the report that mentioned you could previously begin a live broadcast but were not able to do that. Submit the report, and you should wait for a Tiktok representative to get back to your query.
- That’s it! A lot of people have claimed that this trick works; you should try your luck and see if you can bypass the 1000-follower restriction.
Top Tips For Tiktok Live Streams
Plan Your Content
No edits can be done when you go live, and people are watching you in real-time. That’s why you want to make sure that you have planned everything before you start talking.
You should take the time to plan your content effectively, and if possible, you should rehearse your speech before you go live on Tiktok.
It is important for TikTok users to plan their content in advance so that they don’t run out of ideas and end up saying something that doesn’t entertain the audience.
Planning helps you understand what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. It also helps with time management as well as understanding the scope of what you need to create.
The planning process is also a good way of getting your creative juices flowing and coming up with ideas for content. Lastly, planning helps set realistic expectations for yourself and your audience.
Collaborate with your friends and family members
This is important, especially if they have a lot of followers. They will help you reach a wider audience. If you want to go live on TikTok, make sure you have someone else to collaborate with to reach a big audience.
If possible, you should reach out to influencers to see if you can collaborate with them to promote your Tiktok Live Stream.
If you want to go live on TikTok and be successful, it is important to collaborate with your friends. You’ll need at least 10-20 friends to help you get a bigger following.
Plus, they will be able to give you feedback on your performance. Collaborating with your friends will help you get more views; The more people you invite, the better. This is because it will give you a wider audience and increase your chances of getting more views.
Give them a good reason to attend your Tiktok Live Stream
This is also important to remember because no one will waste time watching a boring presentation from you after your stream is live.
If you manage to invite a lot of people, they will abandon the stream within a few minutes. You have to make sure to put the best content for them, the one that will hook them until the end of your stream. This way, you will be able to generate a lot of engagement.
The major factor influencing the number of people attending your event is the reason they have to go. The more exclusive or, the more unique your event, the more likely people will show up.
If you are looking to go live on Tiktok, it is imperative that you have an audience that wants to watch what you are going to be doing, or else it will not be successful.
Promote your Tiktok live stream
In order to get massive viewers for your live stream on Tiktok, you have to put a lot of effort into promoting the live stream. Y
ou should upload videos for a few days, letting your followers know you’re going live on your profile, and you should explain to them what you will discuss in your Tiktok Live Stream.
Make sure that it’s something they have never seen before and will greatly impact their lives. You should also consider collaborating with top influencers in your niche to promote your live streams to their followers.
You should promote your Tiktok live stream in advance so that viewers can find and follow it. You can promote your TikTok Live by using paid ads or by asking your friends and family members to share it with their followers on Instagram or Facebook.
Your TikTok app may be outdated.
If you've got more than 1,000 followers, are in an area that supports TikTok Live, have an up-to-date app and still can't access TikTok LIVE, it's best you get in touch with the TikTok support team.
One way to go live on TikTok without 1000 followers is to use a growth service like UseViral or SidesMedia. These services provide real and organic views to your live stream, making it appear as though you have more than 1000 viewers.Does TikTok have 18+ content? ›
The app is letting users restrict their videos so only viewers only the age of 18 can watch. In a blog post, TikTok announced an expansion of its Content Levels, which group the app's users by age and restrict the content seen by younger groups.